Cory Clubb, Graphic Genius

Although E. mortal is planned to be included in Heirloom Chronicles: I Will Be Found (a historical fiction collection of novelettes, following a wooden box carved by Jesus as it is passed down from one generation to the next), I asked my good friend Cory Clubb if he would design a book cover for the story. Here are the two beautiful designs he came up with:

I performed an informal e-mail survey with my classmates and most liked "the green one". My initial preference was for "the blue one" because it felt cold like the Icelandic setting of the story. I also imagined two different characters: Dr. Henrik Björn on the blue cover; Lieutenant Marc Jacobsen on the green.


I've found that searching the Web for images that fit the story I'm writing really aids me when providing details, as well as inspiration (in the same way many writers play "mood music" in the background while writing--I'm the opposite: I need absolute quiet, which is almost impossible in my house!)


No comments: